What is the Gift of Knowledge? Gifts of the Spirit -- LDS/Mormon (D&C 46 & Moroni 10)

One of the signs of the true gospel of Jesus Christ are the gifts of the Spirit.  These spiritual gifts  always exist when His true gospel is on the earth and gone when it is not.  This is evidence of the great apostasy 1700-2000 years ago when these gifts disappeared from the earth.

Two of the gifts mentioned in D&C 46 are the Gift of Knowledge and the Gift of Wisdom.  At the risk of sounding immodest, I will explain what that means in my own life as I believe I have the gift of knowledge.  I like to joke that if you want knowledge, you came to the right place; but if you want wisdom, you'll have to go somewhere else.

In my case, the gift of knowledge means I have:  

  • an analytical mind
  • the ability to read fast and comprehend what I'm reading
  • the ability to remember long-term much of what I've read (but unfortunately not everything)
  • the ability to synthesize large amounts of information to discern the big picture, rather than getting lost in all the details (seeing the forest as the sum of the trees)
My gift got a jump-start while I was on my mission in Alaska.  My companion and I went to a member's house on a Saturday when they were having a garage sale.  I saw a book about the stock market for sale that looked like an interesting diversion for Preparation Day, so I bought it.  Reading it sparked a desire to understand the stock market and how it works.  It took many years and much reading to understand the stock market, but doing so refined my skills and my gift.

I have solved three great mysteries to my own satisfaction:  the stock market, the Kennedy assassination, and the identity of the great & abominable church described in 1 Nephi 13-14.
I share information about the great & abominable church on my YouTube channel here:   

http://www.youtube.com/@secretcombinations-1

The last two mysteries came together.  Reading books and articles about the Kennedy assassination, along with watching lots of YouTube videos and documentaries, helped me to find the people who did it -- members of the great & abominable church involved in the great world-wide secret combination;  they are the same people.  And yes, it is the church of the devil -- they literally secretly worship Satan to get great success and great wealth in this world.  They have literally sold their souls to the devil in exchange for worldly success, fame and fortune.

There are limits to my abilities.  Although I can remember much of what I read, I forget that I knew it if I don't refer back to it.  Also, I can't always remember where I read or watched something, so finding it for the purpose of providing the source can take time to dig up the reference.  I do not have a photographic memory (I wish I did!), but my mind works that way.  Sometimes I can read print in my mind that I saw on the page.  I'm very jealous of Whitney Webb, the investigative reporter, and her intellectual talents.  She has an amazing ability to read, remember, and recall what she has researched to be able to refer to it as she explains what she has learned.

It is interesting that this gift developed over time.  I definitely did not have this gift when I was in high school when I hated to read and was not a fast reader.  It seemed to develop when I was attending Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah.  Now I'm trying to share what I have learned with the members of the church to prepare them mentally, emotionally, and temporally for what is coming.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction -- The online journal of Gregg Killpack

Israel is Blackmailing US Politicians

Summary of Knowledge about False Flags #LDS #Mormon #secretcombinations